Monday, June 27, 2011

Seriously.... DELICIOUS!

I have two AMAZING recipes that go well with either mascarpone or cream cheese. The first one is a bread and butter jalepeno and onion recipe that you can pour over the mascarpone or cream cheese and serve with crackers. The second one is a smoked salmon dip that is spread on crackers! Happy dipping :)

Bread & Butter Jalepenos and Onions
-2 lbs jalepenos, deseeded, deveined, and sliced into rings
-2 white onions
-3 cups vinegar
-2 cups sugar
-2 teaspoons celery seed
-2 teaspoons turmeric
-2 tablespoons mustard seed
-1 tsp ginger

This recipe may be doubled, tripled, whatever depending on how many jars you want to make. I make 2-4 at a time so this works perfectly for me.

After deseeding, deveining, and slicing the jalepenos and dicing the onions, fill up however many jars you have.

Put the remaining ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off heat and ladle mixture into jars, leaving 3/4 inch space from the top. Close jars and put in a hot water bath for 10-15 minutes until jars seal.

THIS RECIPE IS AMAZING! And it only gets better over time. I prefer more onions in my jars so you can alter the amount of onions and jalepenos you need to cut up.

The second recipe....

Smoked Salmon Dip (by Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa)
-8 oz cream/mascarpone cheese at room temperature
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-1 tablespoon fresh minced dill
-1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-4 oz. smoked salmon

Combie all ingredients, chill, and serve with crackers!

I used mascarpone cheese in the batch I made, but I bet cream cheese would be even better since it is more tangy.

I hope you love these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment