Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chocolate surprise cookies!!!!


GeoTagged, [N31.54993, E99.11944]

I made the most amazing cookies today!!!!! I saw them in a cook book and I added my own little funk to them!!

These were extremely easy!!! Well, except for the part where I had to use my hand mixer outside so I wouldn't wake up the sleeping baby :)!

Here are the ingredients:

-3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
-1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1/8 tsp cinnamon
-25 Hershey kisses (or your choice of candy)
-extra white sugar for later ;)

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter and brown sugar in medium bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium heat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and almond extracts
4. Combine flour and cinnamon in another medium bowl.
5. Add the flour to the butter mixture gradually and mix well.
6. Put wax paper on your cookie sheet. Shape the dough into however many 1 inch balls you can make and then flatten until balls are a 2 inch round.
7. Place one chocolate candy in the center of each round and enclose the candy with the dough, making sure none of the candy is showing. The candy needs to be completely sealed in dough!
8. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
9. Sprinkle extra white sugar on top of cookies as soon as they are out of the oven.

Ta-da! Fantastico!

My husband was amazed as to how the chocolate centers didn't melt. It is pretty awesome :)

I hope you enjoy these little cones of goodness as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment